Fauna in Nicaragua: mobi
- Guardabarranco which is Nicaragua's National bird.
- Chocoyos which are green parrots, mainly found in the Masaya volcano area.
Felines in Nicaragua include the jaguar, which is the largest feline found in the country. Other big cat species include:
There are a number of unusual animals found in Nicaragua, some include: 
- The three-toed sloth may not seem to move much at all if you spot them since it takes them six hours to travel just one mile.
- The Tamandua anteater is roughly four feet long and has massive claws.
- The Armadillo which is a shelled creature that lives off insects.
There are many endangered animal species in Nicaragua.Fauna Alphabetically