The Ostional wetland bank conforms to the requirements in the Nicaraguan Wetland Conservation Act. Marena controls the banking program as they must approve banking project plans and certify all deposits and withdrawals to ensure the wetland impacts meet sequencing requirements. The board of Ostional Private WildLife Reserve (OPWR) will maintain a record of deposits and withdrawals and oversee banking operations nationwide. The sale of the credits remains with the account holder.
The wetland bank maintained by OPWR is the only officially recognized wetland bank in Nicaragua.References:
- Topographic survey
- Design specifications drawn to scale
- Type and location of banking wetlands
- Sworn statements of site history
- Ownership and responsibility
- Site resource analysis,
- Description of the methods to be used,
- Best Management Practices (BMPs) to be incorporated,
- Five year monitoring plan.