- Guardabarranco which is Nicaragua's National bird.
- Chocoyos which are green parrots, mainly found in the Masaya volcano area.
There are a number of unusual animals found in Nicaragua, some include: 
- The three-toed sloth may not seem to move much at all if you spot them since it takes them six hours to travel just one mile.
- The Tamandua anteater is roughly four feet long and has massive claws.
- The Armadillo which is a shelled creature that lives off insects.
There are many endangered animal species in Nicaragua.Fauna Alphabetically